Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Jamaicans.com; I haven't tried it yet.
- 3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 5 cups thick coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup strong coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar (heaping)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash vanilla
- Sift together flour and cornmeal.
- Blend together sugar, salt, nutmeg, mixed spice and coconut milk. Add to the cornmeal mixture, stirring until there are no lumps. Pour into a greased pan.
- Coat raisins with a little flour and sprinkle into mixture. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top. Dot generously with butter or margarine. Bake in a moderately-hot oven 350F for 15 minutes or until set.
- Combine all ingredients for the custard, and pour it on top of the cornmeal pudding. Bake for another 30 to 45 minutesr or until set. Cool and serve.
My first time making a cornmeal pudding I think this recipe is pretty good. I messed up the custard part cuz it kind of mixed in with the pudding instead of sitting on top. But I will try it again
Accurate recipe. Thumbs up!