- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk (or soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring salted water to a boil.
- Combine cornmeal and flour together in a bowl.
- Add milk slowly to make a smooth paste.
- Stir cornmeal paste into boiling salted water.
- Cover and cook on slow heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, cover and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Sweeten with condensed milk.
- Serve hot.