Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A requested Jamaican side dish. From Barbecue from Jamaica by Helen Willinsky
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jamaican jerk spice
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, and nuts in a large bowl; set aside.
- Mix togerther the remaining ingredients and spoon over the cabbage mixture.
- Toss well.
- Cover and chill before serving.
Nice touch adding the Jerk seasoning. I only used 1/2T, tho and didn't care much for the walnuts so used chopped peanuts. Very good . Thanks for posting.
Good tasting, unique coleslaw. Thanks so much for posting. We enjoyed this one.
I'm not usually a huge fan of coleslaw, but I really enjoyed this one. The addition of the Jerk seasoning was a fantastic change from the traditional coleslaw. I used Equal instead of sugar as I'm a diabetic, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for posting!