Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A lovely easy to make fried fish dish.
- 5 ounces red snapper fillets (cut in thirds)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups white flour
- 6 fl oz beer (i use Red Stripe)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups grated fresh coconut
- 2 fl oz vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Season the snapper with the salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, 1 1/4 cups of flour, baking powder and beer.
- On one plate put the remainder of the flour and on another plate place the coconut.
- Lightly coat snapper in flour, then dip the snapper into the beer batter, lastly heavily coat the fish in the coconut and set aside.
- Once every piece of snapper is coated in coconut, heat a frying pan with the oil and fry the fish until the coconut becomes golden brown.
- Drain the snapper on paper towels and enjoy.