Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This is a recipe that the Bonefish Grill has on their website. It is a custard pie with coconut, and a really delicious (and potent!) rum sauce.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut, shredded
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk, cream, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add coconut and mix together until completely incorporated.
- Place in a greased pie pan. Cook at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- In small sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat until melted.
- Add brown sugar and mix together until sugar dissolves.
- Add rum and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Slice pie and serve with rum sauce, to your liking. *Pie best when served warm.