From Cooking Light. Serving size: 2 thighs. Per serving: 175 calories, 5.5 g fat, 27.5 g protein, 2.2 g carb, 0.6 g fiber, 115 mg cholesterol.
- Mix together the first 9 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture evenly over chicken.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
The blend of spices was delicious and this dish is so easy to prepare. Smells great while cooking too! I served this with potato and a salad for a quick, healthy, and tasty meal tonight - thanks for sharing!
We all liked the spice blend and we thought the amount of heat about right. I let the chicken set for about one-half hour after applying the rub, and seared it in very hot oil about 30 seconds on each side and then went with the 4 to 5 minutes per side. Very similar to some of the "blackened" recipes we see so much of here in New Orleans. Served it with succotash and sliced tomatoes. Good meal!
Good, but I found the cayenne overwhelmed the other spices.