1/1 Photo of Jamaican Chicken Stew
Very tasty and easy to make. Another favorite of mine from cooking light. I generally use more curry powder and add jamaican hot sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- 3Combine chicken and the next 5 ingredients (chicken through black pepper) in a bowl. Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 4 minutes.
- 4Stir in wine, capers, beans, and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 430.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 37.8 g