Recipe by AZRT
Very tasty and easy to make. Another favorite of mine from cooking light. I generally use more curry powder and add jamaican hot sauce.
Top Review by crazybert
Bad, really bad. Way too much thyme, it's all you can taste. Will not make again and will trash what is on the stove, which is almost all of it. Bitter disappointment! What a waste:(
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine chicken and the next 5 ingredients (chicken through black pepper) in a bowl. Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 4 minutes.
- Stir in wine, capers, beans, and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Serve over rice.