Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another old favorite. The flavor is incredible! You can also BBQ the chicken on a grill, basting with the marinade.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sweet vermouth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 5 -6 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Add chicken to bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in spray-coated 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken and dot with butter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, basting occasionally.
Go gentle on the liquid smoke. That stuff has a muscle on it! This is good chicken. No side dish necessary, just serve with a green salad.
I would have like to give this one more stars but the citrus juices really over powered, even for us, the chicken. If I made again I would use less. did not have the Angostura bitters. Not sure if that would be a good thing or made it worse. I like the combination in the recipe so I may try it again. Thanks
Oh WOW!!! We cooked this chicken on the grill. The marinade is so full of wonderful herbs and spices. The flavor is so alive and kickin. Easy and very delicious. Deserves more than 5-stars in my opinion. Thanks Maine-iac