1/10 Photos of Jamaican Carrots
A sweet, spicy carrot side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, add the carrots and cover with water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the carrots are fork-tender; drain and place in a bowl; set aside.
- 2In the same saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add the brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, lemon juice, orange juice (or pineapple juice), cumin, garlic, and chili powder.
- 3Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sugar bubbles and the spices are fragrant.
- 4Add the cooked, drained carrots; toss to coat the carrots with the sauce.
- 5Season to taste with salt; serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 140.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g