Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Jamaican favorite, easy to make and tastes great. One the whole family can enjoy making together.
- 2 lbs flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- Melt butter, set aside for a minute, meanwhile add water to sugar to form a syrup,only add enough water to saturate the sugar.
- Combine all the dry ingriedients with a wooden spoon, making a well in the middle add syrup and butter and slowly fold together to form a dough.
- Flour a board and knead for 5 mins, roll out into 1/8 inch thick, cut dough into 4 inch circles, place on a greesed baking sheet in a pre-heated oven.(350 degrees).
- Bake for 25 mins or until Bullas rise.
- This is a basic Bulla cake recipe, you can add other ingriedients like ginger root or chocolate.
god bless you all.
I love bulla cake!
This is a good recipe i am from jamaica and i must admit its good.