Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A classic jamaican dish. We serve this over basmati rice & a side of my Jamaican garden salad.
Make and share this Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion & garlic, saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine chicken & the next 5 ingredients (chicken through black pepper) in a bowl. Add chicken mixture to pan, saute 4 minutes. Stir in wine, beans & tomatoes.
- Cover, reduce heat & simmer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Serve over rice.