Recipe by spatchcock
Adopted recipe, untried by me.
Top Review by Vickielyn Perry
I tried making this dish...It was a mess from the start. There are definately some steps missing. I started by cooking the beans on low heat with the coconut milk and it was all downhill from there. The milk was gone within a half an hour and then I was thinking "How is this suppose to cook rice if you dont add anymore liquid to the recipe?" So basicly what Im trying to say is...this recipe definately needs some tweeking, and until then.... dont try it!
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried kidney beans
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 cup chopped green onion
- 1 hot red pepper, sliced
- 2 1⁄4 cups uncooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans and coconut milk in a large saucepan; cook for 2 hours on low heat.
- Stir in thyme, garlic, onions and 3 slices chile pepper; simmer for 7 minutes.
- Stir in rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.