Recipe by Sueie
Light healthy meal made with ingredients that are on hand.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
The presentation and taste of this rice are unmatched! However, I did require 2 1/2 cups more of vegetable stock. I substituted the white vinegar with the juice of half a lemon. This made a fantastic lunch(a meal in itself)! Will serve this at my next lunch party. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup white rice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 green capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (400 g) can canned kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil stock over high heat add rice and stir.
- Immediately lower heat.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute capsicum and garlic 2 minutes.
- Stir in next three ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and coriander and serve.