Recipe by **Jubes**
Great on chicken-use as a baste for 4 chicken breast fillets or 8 drumsticks Recipe using Aussie tablespoon that is equivelant to 4 teaspoons. You can use other variety of chili if you wish. For gluten-free diet ensure the seasoning/spices used are gluten-free (some spices will have flour added to stop them from clumping)
Top Review by MarthaStewartWanabe
What a fun, tasty marinade for chicken. I would also use this on pork or even shrimp. DH and I thoroughly enjoyed the combination of herbs and spices. The only change I would make is adding a bit more sugar or honey (maybe 1 tbs. instead of 1 tsp.). Otherwise, it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (12 teaspoons)
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lime, juice and finely grated zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a small frypan
- Add the onion, garlic and chili. Cook over medium heat, stirring, approx 10 mins or until the onion is cooked and just starting to brown. Tip into a large shallow bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Use as required. Chicken should be marinated from 1 hour up to 24 hours , covered and refrigerated. Serve cooked chicken garnished with lime wedges.