Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Boil and salt water in a large soup pot and fill at least half of the pot.
- Wash, peel bananas and boil for 20-30 minutes.
- Chop the bananas into small pieces and place them into an electric blender. Add ½ cup water and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into boiling water, stirring constantly to prevent lumping, stir until mixture thickens.
- Continue cooking, add condensed milk, OR coconut milk and flour and let it simmer over low heat.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add vanilla, sugar to taste and spices.
- Enjoy !
If this is banana porridge then why does the recipe call for plantain and not bananas. As for the method you can eliminate the boiling for 20 minutes step just peel the bananas and blend them in a little water, then cook for a few minutes. That's how i do it. There are other spices you can add like cinnamon stick or mace.