Recipe by Tish
These are easy to make delights...but be sure when cooking the rum mixture not to put the heat too hig or the rum will evaporate very quickly and could even ignite - and this is not a flambe!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This is just delightful. Taste like a high class banana pudding. Wonderful combination of flavors and just the right texture. Would be great with vanilla ice cream. The recipe didn't say what to do with the last 3 tbls of rum so I added it to step 10, so my topping was not crumbly. I just spooned it over the top of each ramekin. Don't think that that altered the taste or the texture. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 large orange
- 6 medium bananas
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream (double)
- 3⁄4 chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 400F.
- Finely grate 1 tsp orange zest and squeeze 6 Tbs juice from orange.
- Cut bananas into 1/4" slices Combine 1/2 of the sugar 1/3 or the butter and 1/2 of the rum in large frying pan.
- cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar has dissolved and mixture is starting to bubble.
- Stir in bananas and toss until evenly coated.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide half of banana mixture among 4 1-cup ramekins.
- Sprindle each with 1 Tbs breadcrumbs.
- Top with remaining banana mixture.
- Spoon orange juice over each ramekin Combine remaining breadcrumbs, sugar and butter with oats, orange zest and cinnamon, blending with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over bananas.
- Bake until topping is crisp and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with cream and sprinkled with nuts.