Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another nanner recipe. I didn't think there was anything particularly Jamaican about this, but I love the moist cake with the coconut topping. Two of the things I love...nanners and coconut!
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter. Add dry ingredients, bananas, and buttermilk. Mix slightly. Add eggs and beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake for about 35 minutes or until very well browned and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. When cool, prepare topping.
- Coconut Topping: Set oven to broil.
- Mix butter, sugar, and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts.
- Add coconut and walnuts.
- Pour and spread over cooled cake.
- Place under broiler (not too close) and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or just until coconut begins to brown. Cool.