1/4 Photos of Jamaican Banana Bread
1 hr 30 mins
A friend e-mailed me this recipe and I don't know the origin; however, I do know that we really enjoyed it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (or 1/4 teaspoon imitation rum extract and 2 tbsp water)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Beat 2 Tbsp butter and cheese at medium speed. Add the sugar, beat well. Add the egg, beat well- set aside.
- 3Combine banana and next five ingredients (through vanilla) stirring well.
- 4Add flour to sugar mixture alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix after each addition.
- 5Add 1/4 cup pecans and 1/4 cup coconut.
- 6Pour into 8X4 loaf pan coated with spray, bake 1 hour.
- 7Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove. Cool slightly.
- 8To make topping, combine brown sugar and 2 tsp each of lime juice, butter, and rum in a saucepan- bring to simmer. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, remove from heat. Stir in remaining nuts and coconut, spoon over loaf.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g