Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got hung up this morning playing with coffee after the last ZWT round included a visit to a Jamaican coffee plantation. Let me tell ya mon this was great with a slice of fresh banana nut bread.
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee (or enough for your own taste, Jamaican Blue Mountain is nice but not required)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice (more or less to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 ounce dark rum
- 1⁄2 ounce coffee-flavored liqueur
- sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream (optional)
- 1 chocolate, covered coffee bean (optional)
- Brew fresh coffee with the allspice or nutmeg.
- Pour rum and coffee liqueur into a decorative coffee glass and fill it with hot spiced coffee.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with a coffee bean if you like.
VERY NICE.. :) I used nutmeg, and left out the sugar. Very flavorful, and made some for the DS also. Made for PRMR TAG.
Thank you Anna for another wonderful coffee recipe. I have been swept away to the Island mon. I used Jamaica Rum and both of the spice options. It was really very tasty, garnished with a little whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I'll be making this one again.
My cup was obviously to big - but I'll just make a larger serving next time as this stuff is AWESOME!! The perfect drink for these cold winter eves. Love the spice with the rum and I used vanilla cinnamon infused Irish Cream and then foamed the milk in my cuppachino maker. I'm in heaven, just the right spices with the coffee and creamy goodness. This could quickly become a habit it's sooooo good, I'm not sharing with anyone.