1/1 Photo of Jamaica Me Crazy Chili
Found this Caribbean twist to a great winter time dish! This can also be prepared with out the meat or using ground turkey. My family loves it! Also brought it to work and they raved!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chopped red peppers (or both) or 2 1/2 cups yellow peppers (or both)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika (hot if possible)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Brown ground beef over medium high heat in a large, deep frying pan.
- 2Drain off fat and set aside.
- 3Coat a large dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium high heat.
- 4When pan is hot add the olive oil and cook the onion and garlic until the onion is tender, then add the peppers and cook until tender.
- 5Season with the cumin, paprika, chili powder, sugar, salt and cloves.
- 6Stir in the canned diced tomatoes, and the drained cans of beans.
- 7Add water to cover all.
- 8Bring to a boil and then stir in the meat and tomato paste.
- 9Bring to a boil and then simmer 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar.
- 11May serve with chopped fresh cilantro as decorative topping.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaica Me Crazy Chili
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 475.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 18.5 g