Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Cooking Light. "Hibiscus blossoms can be found at Latin grocery stores. Boiling the blossoms in a sugar-water mixture and then steeping infuses more flavor than just steeping them in warm water. This drink is especially good when made with premium-quality tequila"
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers (about 2 ounces)
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups tequila
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup triple sec or 1⁄3 cup other orange-flavored liqueur
- 8 lime slices
- Place blossoms in a strainer; rinse under cold water.
- Combine blossoms, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Strain; discard blossoms.
- Cover and chill hibiscus mixture.
- Combine hibiscus mixture, tequila, juice, and Triple Sec.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with lime slices.