This is from Cooking Light. "Hibiscus blossoms can be found at Latin grocery stores. Boiling the blossoms in a sugar-water mixture and then steeping infuses more flavor than just steeping them in warm water. This drink is especially good when made with premium-quality tequila"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place blossoms in a strainer; rinse under cold water.
- 2Combine blossoms, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Strain; discard blossoms.
- 4Cover and chill hibiscus mixture.
- 5Combine hibiscus mixture, tequila, juice, and Triple Sec.
- 6Serve over ice. Garnish with lime slices.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaica Margaritas
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried hibiscus flowers