Gay Gilmore's Note:
You can make it yourself, and it is much easier than making real beer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the ginger.
- 2Mix it with the honey, juice, sugar and water in a jug.
- 3Dissolve the yeast in a spoonful of water.
- 4Add yeast to the beaten egg white.
- 5Add the egg/yeast to the rest and stir.
- 6Let stand in a cool dark place for a couple of days and it will start bubbling, which means it is fermenting.
- 7After several more days the bubbling stops, which means it is ready.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaica Ginger Beer
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: