- 5 ounces ginger
- 2 ounces honey
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 quarts water
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh yeast or 1⁄4 ounce dry yeast
- 6 drops Angostura bitters
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the ginger.
- Mix it with the honey, juice, sugar and water in a jug.
- Dissolve the yeast in a spoonful of water.
- Add yeast to the beaten egg white.
- Add the egg/yeast to the rest and stir.
- Let stand in a cool dark place for a couple of days and it will start bubbling, which means it is fermenting.
- After several more days the bubbling stops, which means it is ready.