- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice (about one medium lime)
- 828.06 ml bananas, diced (firm, ripe ones work best)
- 532.32 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lime juice in a one quart measure.
- Peel bananas and dice directly into lime juice.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Keep stirring as you dice each banana into the lime juice to prevent darkening.
- Measure sugar and water into a wide 2½ quart saucepan, and stir to dissolve sugar as you bring syrup to a boil.
- Cover tightly for the first 2 minutes (so the steam will wash sugar crystals from side of saucepan) then uncover, add bananas (with lime) and boil over low heat for about 30 minutes or until thick.
- Stir often to prevent sticking, especially during last 10 minutes.
- Jam is done when a spoon scraped across bottom of pan leaves a track that closes slowly, or when jam mounds while stirring.
- Fill hot, sterilized jars quickly with the hot jelly or jam mixture, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe the sealing surface of the jars with a clean paper towel, dampened with hot water, to remove any jam or sugar crystals.
- Place lids, screw on bands finger-tight and process jars for 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Cool jars upright for 12-24 hours while vacuum seal is drawn and jam or jelly sets up. Let the jars sit undisturbed while they cool.