Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
These tasty treats look so dainty on a cookie tray and nobody knows they're low in sugar because of the Splenda and diabetic jam/preserves. They look so pretty for a tea party on a little doily too; just the right size for a mother/daughter 4pm treat!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or half of each) or 1 teaspoon almond extract (or half of each)
- 3 tablespoons diabetic sugar-free jam or 3 tablespoons jelly, any kind
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and Splenda until fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla; stir in the flour.
- Form dough into a ball and wrap in plastic. Chill for 30 minutes, at least.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Shape into 1" balls and place on parchment paper. Make a small indention and bake until golden. Cool completely. Place 1/2 teaspoons jam into the indentions.