- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces butter or 8 ounces margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 -7 tablespoons cold water
- any type jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and in a large bowl, stir together flour and salt.
- Rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add egg yolks and water, and mix to a firm dough.
- Knead dough a few times while still inside bowl.
- Break off pieces of dough, and form into 1/2-inch balls.
- Press into bottom and sides of mini-muffin trays.
- Fill each pastry case with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam, and bake for 7-9 minutes.