Recipe by Boyz 5
Yummy!!!... What can I say... LOL The flour used in this recipe is a white flour with some wheat bran blended in.... You can buy this flour in packages at your local grocery store.
Top Review by mandagirl
Great muffins! I made one batch for my husband, as written, and 1 batch for me with whole wheat flour and honey. Even the whole wheat muffins were light and moist. I used raspberry jam and omitted the cinnamon. (Not sure if raspberry and cinnamon mix well)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups white flour (eg. NUTRI Blend) or 2 cups bran-rich flour (eg. NUTRI Blend)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam (or your preferred jam)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine wet ingredients (excluding jam) in medium-sized bowl.
- Add flour, powder, cinnamon and salt; stir until just combined.
- Add jam, mixing lightly and divide evenly among the prepared muffin cups, pouring water into the 2 unused cups.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan.