Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Oprah's O Magazine November 2009. Easy to do with only 4 ingredients, this would be nice on those cookie spreads for Christmas.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 59.14 ml jam, preferably seedless (such as blackberry or currant)
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll pastry sheet to a 12 x 16" rectangle. Cut crosswise into 2 rectangles. Brush 1 rectangle with jam and place second sheet on top.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle half on top. Press in gently with a rolling pin. Flip pastry over and repeat on other side.
- Cut pastry into 24 (1/2 inch wide) strips, leave flat or twist. Transfer to 2 parchment lined baking sheets, keeping 11/2 inches between them. Chill tray for 20 minutes.
- Bake until pastry is cooked through and golden, about 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
The only thing wrong with these cookies is that they disappear too fast! I made them last night and there are only 5 left this morning. This is an incredibly easy recipe to make, too. I'll definitey be making them again. Made for Photo Tag.