Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy dessert with apricot jam.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- apricot jam, for filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a cookie sheet with an edge.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients. Mix until the dough is firm enough to roll.
- Roll out 3/4 of the dough to fit the bake of the cookie sheet. The remainder of the dough will be used to make the lattice.
- Spread a layer of jam on the dough then sprinkle with cinnamon. Shape the leftover dough into long strands and make the lattice.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until slightly brown. Let the squares cool completely before cutting.