Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This one came from a little brochure from the TOH cooking school. I did change the name to make them easier to identify for searching purposes. There are a couple of pull-apart recipes here, but they aren't like this one. I have made similar pull-aparts, but this one looks deeelish! It's going in my "bed and breakfast" arsenal. YUM!
- 12 frozen dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1⁄4 teaspoon melted butter
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 3 -4 tablespoons raspberry jam (or your fave flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 -5 tablespoons hot water
- Combine two rolls into one ball and form the center of the flower. Place in the center of a large sprayed baking sheet. Shape the remaining rolls into petals and place around the center, allowing room for them to rise. Brush with butter, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double, about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove wrap and brush with butter again. Mix lemon zest with sugar and sprinkle over flower. Depress center of each petal with your finger and spoon about one teaspoon of the jam into the depression.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from the pan while still warm to a serving plate.
- Mix glaze ingredients and drizzle over the flower.