Perfect for tea parties, this is quick and easy! This recipe is from In the Royal Manner : Expert Advice on Etiquette and Entertaining from the Former Butler to Diana, Princess of Wales.
- 12 slices brown bread (or bread of choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 ounces strawberry jam (or other favorite jams-you may mix it up if you like and try different kinds)
- Cut the crusts from bread, then lightly spread each slice with the butter.
- Spread six slices with jam, and then sanwich them together with the remaining buttered bread.
- Using a round pastry cutter, stamp out four circles from each sandwich.
- Arrange on a serving plate and serve as soon as possible.
Loved this -- jelly sandwich without the crust (and there is just something about a round sandwich!) :) Used white bread instead of brown bread. Thank you so much! :)
Lovely little way to serve up jam and butter on bread. Made for ZWT6.
Just like the sandwiches I use to get when I lived in England. Bread, butter and home made strawberry jam, how much better can it get? I used potato bread and recently made jam. Made for ZWT6 Voracious Vagabonds.