Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried these muffins. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in Family Fun Magazine.
Top Review by TattooedMamaof2
I needed to find a fun muffin recipe for my DD's preschool Christmas party. I halved the recipe, only had vanilla Greek yogurt and strawberry jam on hand, so used those. She wanted to put sprinkles on them, and in the end had 8 regular size muffins that are sweet and light enough to be cupcakes, and very yummy! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400. Grease the bottoms only of 12 standard muffin cups. Whisk the jam in a small bowl until smooth and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours and the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla extract until well blended. Stir the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients just until the batter is blended.
- Fill the cups halfway with batter and use a spoon to make a shallow well in the center of each. Fill each well with a rounded teaspoon of jam and then cover the jam with more batter.
- Bake the muffins for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one come out clean (there may be jam on it). Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before removing them. Dust the tops with confectioners' sugar.