Recipe by evelyn/athens
I made Mean Chef's Raspberry Mazurkas this morning to take to my son's boy scout camp tomorrow - they are wonderful and I strongly urge you try them. Having said that, I made a second batch with a number of my own 'tweaks' (and using apricot jam). The recipe has changed, but it is still really good. I hope you try this version, too.
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml walnuts, ground
- 354.88 ml coconut
- 3.69 ml salt
- 4.92-7.39 ml cinnamon (I prefer the lesser amount)
- 1 large egg
- 340.19 g butter, melted and cooled
- 793.78 g jam (use a good-quality one of your choosing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Break up any clumps of sugar with your finger tips and work the ingredients to mix them.
- Add melted butter and egg and work with fingers (I used one hand so I wouldn't get both gunky) to combine well.
- Press half of dough in a foil-lined 15 X 10 inch pan, working well into edges and pressing down to compact.
- Spread out jam of your choosing to within 1/2 inch of edges of pan - do not be tempted to use more jam than called for, the bars will be too sweet.
- Take handfuls of remaining dough mixture and crumble it over pan, distributing evenly. Press down with palms of hand to compact - but not too hard.
- Bake until golden-brown. 50 minutes in my oven (and to my taste).
- Cool completely before cutting. Cut lengthwise into 4 even rows and crosswise into 6.