1/1 Photo of Jam Mazurkas (Inspired by Mean Chef)
1 hr 5 mins
I made Mean Chef's Raspberry Mazurkas this morning to take to my son's boy scout camp tomorrow - they are wonderful and I strongly urge you try them. Having said that, I made a second batch with a number of my own 'tweaks' (and using apricot jam). The recipe has changed, but it is still really good. I hope you try this version, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preaheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Break up any clumps of sugar with your finger tips and work the ingredients to mix them.
- 3Add melted butter and egg and work with fingers (I used one hand so I wouldn't get both gunky) to combine well.
- 4Press half of dough in a foil-lined 15 X 10 inch pan, working well into edges and pressing down to compact.
- 5Spread out jam of your choosing to within 1/2 inch of edges of pan - do not be tempted to use more jam than called for, the bars will be too sweet.
- 6Take handfuls of remaining dough mixture and crumble it over pan, distributing evenly. Press down with palms of hand to compact - but not too hard.
- 7Bake until golden-brown. 50 minutes in my oven (and to my taste).
- 8Cool completely before cutting. Cut lengthwise into 4 even rows and crosswise into 6.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jam Mazurkas (Inspired by Mean Chef)
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g