1/1 Photo of Jam/Jelly Filled Butter Cookies
My mom made these excellent buttery rich cookies. They are a soft cookie that melts in your mouth. They are excellent with any kind of jam but chokecherry or raspberry jelly are my favorites. I don't know how many this makes as I always double the recipe and they get eaten so fast I've never had time to count. Refrigerate the dough for three hours minimum, or make in batches days apart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1IF USING SELF-RISING FLOUR REDUCE THE BAKING SODA TO 1/4 TEASPOON AND OMIT THE SALT.
- 2Beat together the shortening and butter.
- 3Beat in sugars well, then beat in the egg.
- 4Add the dry ingredients, and mix well.
- 5Shape the dough into two rolls 1 1/4" in diameter, sealing well in waxed paper.
- 6Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- 7Heat oven to 400°F.
- 8Slice dough into 1/8" thick disks.
- 9Put 1/2 teaspoon of jam/jelly on half the slices, keep it in the center of the disk.
- 10Top each disk with another slice and bake. You can sprinkle these with sugar for a crunchier cookie (optional).
- 11Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- 12Store in an air tight container once the cookies have cooled.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jam/Jelly Filled Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 157.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g