Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A soft cookie, just like my grandma used to make. Simple but good.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- strawberries or raspberry jam
- Cream butter and both sugars well.
- Beat in corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Roll 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
- Cut in 2 3/4 inch circles.
- Arrange on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree F.
- oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Sandwich together with choice of jam.
- Store in covered container.
- The next day they will be soft.
- Makes about 20.
- *If dough seems sticky, chill for 30 minutes.