Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so delicious. I love the taste of raspberry jam in these. The kids go nuts over them. the secret to the chewiness in the cookie, is the syrup.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 cups flour
- Mix in order.
- Chill dough in fridge for about half an hour, as they roll out easier that way.
- Roll out and cut cookies in circles.
- Put one piece of dough down on cookie sheet, place a 1/2 teaspoons of jam on, and then cover up with another circle of dough on top, sealing edges.
- Bake about 15 minutes in a 350° oven until golden brown.
- Yields about 24 cookies.
Great cookies. Very easy and moist. Thanks
These can be made without the jam and put the jam in between after the cookies are cooked. This way you don't have to seal the edges.
These are so good, you are right the corn syrup is a great addition. The only things I would do different is not let my husband buy the raspberry jam..he bought raspberry spread and I dont think it has much taste and I would use a smaller drinking glass to cut the circles out, they rise and spread out quite a bit. They are soft and yummy. Thanks for a keeper. Oh and I got enough dough for 25 cookies and one bottom but no top.