- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- jam, to fill
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar and salt. Beat in vanilla, milk and cornstarch.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on baking sheet and make a shallow indentation with your thumb. Fill indentation with a bit of jam.
- Bake tarts for 12-13 minutes, until cookies just start to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.