Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
Very pretty and delicius, you can use any jam of your choice. Courtesy of foodblog "Baking Bites". So simple, too!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- jam, to fill
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar and salt. Beat in vanilla, milk and cornstarch.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on baking sheet and make a shallow indentation with your thumb. Fill indentation with a bit of jam.
- Bake tarts for 12-13 minutes, until cookies just start to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I also followed the recipe exactly, and got a crumbly mixture. Didn't work out for me.
Have had these in my cookbook for quite a while and thought they would be fun to make on a rainy afternoon (today) with my kids. Followed recipe exactly and end result was a crumby mixture that could not possibly be rolled into balls. Had to throw out mixture. Sorry for low rating but such a waste of ingredients.