1/2 Photos of Jam Filled Oatmeal Cookies
Baby Kato's Note:
These cookies are so good, we love them. With and without the ground nuts. It's easy to vary the filling by picking the jam or nuts you prefer. I hope you will enjoy these delicious cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour, pastry
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar, brown, dark
- 1/2 cup butter, soft, melted
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted (I use Crisco)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2-3/4 cup jam (Raspberry, Strawberry, Apricot, Blueberry, Date)
- 1/2-1 cup walnuts, ground (optional)
- 1To make the sour milk, mix the milk and lemon juice together in a small bowl and set aside until needed.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt, oats, cinnamon and brown sugar together.
- 4Next add the melted butter and shortening, mixing lightly.
- 5Lastly, slowly add in the sour milk, making sure to mix well.
- 6Chill the dough for 1/2 hour.
- 7Then on a lightly floured board, roll to 1/4 inch thick.
- 8Cut the dough using a 2" round cookie cutter. Make sure to have an even number of cookie rounds.
- 9Place a spoonful of jam in the center of the cookie, then top with another cookie.
- 10Make sure to lightly press the edges together.
- 11Roll the cookie edges in the ground nuts.
- 12Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jam Filled Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.7
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 436.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g