Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very nice looking cookie. Great flavour.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups finely crushed corn flakes
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup jam or 1⁄3 cup jelly, any flavour
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Stir in the eggs and corn flakes.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and stir into the wet mixture.
- Chill, covered, in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured board, a small amount at a time.
- Cut with a round cookie cutter.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Spread centre of each with a small amount of jam.
- Cover with another round cookie which has the centre cut out.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 7 1/2 to 10 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool on sheet 5 minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.