A very nice looking cookie. Great flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening and sugar together.
- 2Stir in the eggs and corn flakes.
- 3Sift together the flour and baking powder and stir into the wet mixture.
- 4Chill, covered, in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- 5Roll out dough on a lightly floured board, a small amount at a time.
- 6Cut with a round cookie cutter.
- 7Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- 8Spread centre of each with a small amount of jam.
- 9Cover with another round cookie which has the centre cut out.
- 10Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 7 1/2 to 10 minutes, or until done.
- 11Let cool on sheet 5 minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jam Filled Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1045 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2016.3
- Calories from Fat 519
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 911.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 357.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 214.7 g
- Protein 22.8 g