Recipe by LizCl
Buttery cookies with jam or preserves. Delicious. Can use any flavor jam or preserves.
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apricot preserves
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, creaming well.
- Blend in unbeaten eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually; mix thoroughly.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Dent center of each, using back of teaspoon dipped in cold water.
- Place preserves or jam into center of each.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.