Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Expecting visitor? surprise them with some home cooked cookies. These won't last long, use any jam of your choice!
- 125 g butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125 g self raising flour
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- raspberry jam
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- Add sifted flour to butter mix with vanilla.
- Mix to a smooth dough.
- Spoon teaspoon onto trays leaving room for spreading.
- Press a depression in each cookie and fill with a teaspoon jam.
- Bake 180 C (350 F) 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on trays before moving to rack.
So great and the kids love making them too - great for lunch boxes. Change the flavour by changing the jam.
Just like nanna use to make. Yum
I like this recipe, it is better suited to aussies as far as ingredients and anyone who likes traditional jam drops will enjoy these cookies thanks for the recipe :)