Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are really beautiful and so so scrumptious. They're great over Christmas because they are so pretty and easy to make. They are best served with a cup of tea!!!
- 236.59 ml shortening or 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml oatmeal
- 236.59 ml coconut
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- jam, of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a cookie sheet, of cover it with wax paper.
- Cream the sugar, shortening/butter/margarine and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt and soda and add to the first mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the jam), beating well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on the cookie sheet, about an inch apart.
- Using a thimble, or your fingers, make an indent in the center of each cookie and drop a small amount of jam or jelly in it.
- Bake for ten to thirteen minutes and enjoy!
Greetings from Australia. I liked these. Thanks Lieutenant Ducky ! Made them today, very simple, - the only thing with the first dozen was that the jam seeped all over them and didnt add to the presentation! So my answer was to use a half glace cherry on each one of the remaining 36 instead - worked a treat. Friends will be receiving these in Christmas tins !