1/3 Photos of Jam Doughnuts Just for You
Perfect Pixie's Note:
Man oh man do I love doughnuts. This is just a traditional one, but oh boy are they good
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1you will also need, oil for deep-frying and extra castor sugar.
- 2combine yeast, water milk and sugar in small bowl.
- 3cover, stand in warm place about 10 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- 4stir butter and eggs into yeast mixture.
- 5sift flour into large bowl, stir in yeast mixture and rind, mix to a soft dough.
- 6cover, stand in warm place about 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- 7turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- 8roll dough until about 1cm thick, cut into 5cm rounds.
- 9brush half the rounds with egg white, drop about 1 tsp of jam in centre of each round, top with remaining rounds, pinch edges together.
- 10re-roll remaining dough, cut into rounds, repeat with remaining egg white and jam.
- 11loosely cover rounds with oiled plastic wrap, stand in warm place about 10 minutes, or until almost doubled in size.
- 12deep-fry doughnuts in batches in hot oil until well browned, turning once.
- 13drain on absorbent paper, toss doughnuts immediately in extra sugar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jam Doughnuts Just for You
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 82.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 9.0 g