1/3 Photos of Jam Doughnuts Just for You
Perfect Pixie's Note:
Man oh man do I love doughnuts. This is just a traditional one, but oh boy are they good
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1you will also need, oil for deep-frying and extra castor sugar.
- 2combine yeast, water milk and sugar in small bowl.
- 3cover, stand in warm place about 10 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- 4stir butter and eggs into yeast mixture.
- 5sift flour into large bowl, stir in yeast mixture and rind, mix to a soft dough.
- 6cover, stand in warm place about 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- 7turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- 8roll dough until about 1cm thick, cut into 5cm rounds.
- 9brush half the rounds with egg white, drop about 1 tsp of jam in centre of each round, top with remaining rounds, pinch edges together.
- 10re-roll remaining dough, cut into rounds, repeat with remaining egg white and jam.
- 11loosely cover rounds with oiled plastic wrap, stand in warm place about 10 minutes, or until almost doubled in size.
- 12deep-fry doughnuts in batches in hot oil until well browned, turning once.
- 13drain on absorbent paper, toss doughnuts immediately in extra sugar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jam Doughnuts Just for You
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 82.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 9.0 g