Man oh man do I love doughnuts. This is just a traditional one, but oh boy are they good
Make and share this Jam Doughnuts Just for You recipe from Food.com.
- you will also need, oil for deep-frying and extra castor sugar.
- combine yeast, water milk and sugar in small bowl.
- cover, stand in warm place about 10 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- stir butter and eggs into yeast mixture.
- sift flour into large bowl, stir in yeast mixture and rind, mix to a soft dough.
- cover, stand in warm place about 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- roll dough until about 1cm thick, cut into 5cm rounds.
- brush half the rounds with egg white, drop about 1 tsp of jam in centre of each round, top with remaining rounds, pinch edges together.
- re-roll remaining dough, cut into rounds, repeat with remaining egg white and jam.
- loosely cover rounds with oiled plastic wrap, stand in warm place about 10 minutes, or until almost doubled in size.
- deep-fry doughnuts in batches in hot oil until well browned, turning once.
- drain on absorbent paper, toss doughnuts immediately in extra sugar.