Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed (approx 1 lb)
- 3⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup jam (apricot,cherry,orange marmalade,any!)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out each sheet of pastry into a 12-inch square.
- Cut each into four 6-inch squares; place 1 1/2 tbsp cream cheese in center of each square, then place 1 1/2 tbsp of jam.
- Brush edges of each square with water. Fold the squares in half diagonally to form triangles, pressing edges together firmly. Press edges with tines of a fork to seal well.
- Arrange turnovers on a dampened baking sheet; brush with egg wash.
- With sharp knife, cut several slits in the top of each turnover.
- Sprinkle with the sugar, bake them in the upper third for 12-15 minutes or until puffed& golden.
- Serve warm!