Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been baking this cake for 30 years the recipe came from my mother-in-law who was a dear sweet lady.Her jam cakes were always better than mine!
- Cream butter and sugar, add 4 eggs.
- Sift flour and spices.
- Add soda to buttermilk.
- Mix dry and wet ingredents.
- Add jam, last egg, nuts, and vanilla.
- Bake at 325 for 40 to 45 minutes in a well greased angel food cake pan.
- Bake til tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Nice cake. I baked this this evening. Its nice, but my guests said that the eggs were a little too much. I guess 3 eggs will be good enough. I used raspberry jam for this.