Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious breakfast treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Use pastry cutter to cut in butter until butter is in pea size pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs,milk and vanilla.
- Beat lightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until it's a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured board and cut into 8 squares.
- Place heaping teaspoon of jam in the centre of each square.
- Fold the square to make a triangle.
- Press sides together to seal jam inside.
- Place triangle in muffin cups with the long folded side down, leaving 3 points facing up.
- Bake 375 for 25 minutes.
- Careful the jam will be very hot.