Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
When baking this super-moist cake cover with foil if it is browning too quickly.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plum jam
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Grease 19x9cm loaf pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until fluffy.
- Combine jam and buttermilk.
- Sift together flour and mixed spice with salt.
- Using wooden spoon add flour mixture alternatively with the liquid to butter mixture, beating until combined after each addition.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin.
- Bake 50 minutes.