Prep 0 mins
Cook 13 mins
These are such a delicious tea cookie - and this recipe makes 5 dozen!! To store, place in a container, and separate layers with parchment paper. Easy to freeze.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup (light or dark)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Robin Hood oats
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry jam (I prefer Smuckers Squeeze No Sugar Added Strawberry Spread)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line w baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat first 4 ingredients together in mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets. Using the tip of a wooden spoon or a small thumb, gently make an indentation in the cookie, making sure that the sides and bottom remain intact. Squeeze about 1/2 teaspoons of the spread into each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven 11-13 minutes, or until cookie is brown and jam is set.
- Cool 10 minutes, then transfer to racks.